Posted on:-Mar 10
Here’s a real food item for you! If asparagus isn’t a mainstay in your diet, then it’s time you make it one. Asparagus is packed with folic acid, which is necessary for blood cell formation. Fresh squeezed lime makes this dish refreshing and delicious. This recipe only takes 15 minutes, perfect for weekday dinners.
Yield: 2 servings
Here’s what you need…
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 shallot, minced
• 1 bunch fresh asparagus spears, tough ends trimmed
• Juice from 1/2 lime
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Mix in garlic and shallot, and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the asparagus spears, cook until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
2. Squeeze lime juice over asparagus and season with salt and pepper.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 80 calories, 2g fat, 8g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, and 3.5g protein.
To Your Continued Success,
JJ Brawley N.C.P.T.
Your Coach, Trainer and Friend
Helping people look better naked since 2003
Inner City Boot Camp Program Coordinator
The San Diego Boot Camp that GUARANTEES results!
Leave a Comment
- [Monday Motivation] Every. Single. Day. Matters. ????
- [Wisdom Wednesday] Bruce Lee’s Advantage?
- [For Immediate Release] Holistic Life Expo to Benefit La Mesa Integrative Health
- [For Immediate Release] Fitness Boot Camp Invites Community to Help Raise Funds for Local Elementary School
- [For Immediate Release] Fit Body Boot Camp Hosts Holistic Life Expo to Benefit Jeans 4 Justice