Posted on:-Oct 16
So I’ve been deep into studying Bruce Lee lately,
Been discovering his “Be like water” philosophy, his obsession with mastery and his love of poetry. [Listened to his daughter Shannon recite a poem Bruce Lee wrote to his wife Linda on a podcast last night; beyond profound].
One of the separation points that made this titan of wisdom + legend of the martial arts so very special was his utterly relentless practice regime.
Brutal, in some ways.
The way Lee rolled was to never believe he was a master. Continue to be a learner. And to always think like a beginner.
See, the moment you think you’re amazing is the moment you lose the very mentality (and spirit) that made you amazing.
On the arrival of uncommon success, the human tendency is:
–For humility to become eroded and arrogance to creep in.
–To lose the fire that got you into The 5 am Club, kept you pushing to be the best + moved you to persist against all that fear could put in your way.
–To rest on your laurels and fall into the seduction of thinking that what made you successful will keep you successful.
And so, as you navigate your rise to world-class:
Hope this really helps you not only scale your success but also dial-in on how to sustain it for many decades to come.
Own your Craft. Live your Genius. Lift our World.
With vast encouragement,
Thank you, and if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to write me back.
Committed to your success!
Leave a Comment
- [Monday Motivation] Every. Single. Day. Matters. ????
- [Wisdom Wednesday] Bruce Lee’s Advantage?
- [For Immediate Release] Holistic Life Expo to Benefit La Mesa Integrative Health
- [For Immediate Release] Fitness Boot Camp Invites Community to Help Raise Funds for Local Elementary School
- [For Immediate Release] Fit Body Boot Camp Hosts Holistic Life Expo to Benefit Jeans 4 Justice