Posted on:-Jul 10
Everyone relaxes with different methods: long hot baths, a soothing massage, reading a book, going out for dinner and allowing someone else to do the cooking, or all of the above. Here are a few more ways to unwind.
Take some deep breaths. When you’re in a stressful situation, you can’t always say “Excuse me while I go bathe.” It would be nice to hold difficult office meetings while we sit and soak… then again maybe not. You would need lots of bubbles, and what if someone dropped their laptop in the water? Deep breathing takes just seconds and slows your whole body while refreshing your mind.
One way to relax can be combined with client communications: Exercise. Who says meetings have to take place across a desk or table. Why not meet outside your building and go for a walk. If you are in better shape, you might just be able to out-walk and out-talk the competition.
Last but not least, have you seen that bumper sticker that says “Visualize World Peace” … and maybe it’s funny counterpart “Visualize Whirled Peas”? Studies are showing that visualization stimulates nerves to muscles in a way that increases circulation. If you are looking for ways to unwind, start by visualizing yourself unwinding.
Thanks for reading my blog, and if you would please leave me a comment I would really appreciate it.
To Your Continued Success,
JJ Brawley N.C.P.T.
“The Fitness Specialist”
San Diego Personal Trainer
1 Response to "Ways to Unwind"
Leave a Comment
- [Monday Motivation] Every. Single. Day. Matters. ????
- [Wisdom Wednesday] Bruce Lee’s Advantage?
- [For Immediate Release] Holistic Life Expo to Benefit La Mesa Integrative Health
- [For Immediate Release] Fitness Boot Camp Invites Community to Help Raise Funds for Local Elementary School
- [For Immediate Release] Fit Body Boot Camp Hosts Holistic Life Expo to Benefit Jeans 4 Justice