Posted on:-May 10
I am sure that you are familiar with the great caffeine debate, but when you are tired and low on energy it’s hard to resist reaching for a jolt of energy in the form of coffee, an energy drink or even a soda pop. If you are more like me and really into natural foods, then you might grab a cup of green tea.
However, here are some simple caffeine facts I hope they will help you decide for yourself if you will kick the coffee habit or use it to your advantage.
The truth about caffeine is that it has both good and bad qualities. Coffee is a source of dietary fiber, and a study in the European Journal of Neurology showed that coffee can help prevent Alzheimer’s. But what about
the caffeine itself?
Caffeine has been shown to increase the intensity of your workouts, because it makes your receptors more sensitive and keeps the flow of energy going. Unfortunately, it also elevates your heart rate and puts your whole autonomic nervous system on the alert, raising your overall stress levels and your heart rate. Caffeine trut
hs can be summed up by saying this: Moderation is the key, so try going for
the most natural source possible… Like green tea!
Got a question or comment about my posts? Please leave your comment below.
If you have found this post on another site please visit at www(dot)SDTrainer(dot)com
To Your Continued Success,
JJ Brawley N.C.P.T.
“The Fitness Specialist”
Leave a Comment
- [Monday Motivation] Every. Single. Day. Matters. ????
- [Wisdom Wednesday] Bruce Lee’s Advantage?
- [For Immediate Release] Holistic Life Expo to Benefit La Mesa Integrative Health
- [For Immediate Release] Fitness Boot Camp Invites Community to Help Raise Funds for Local Elementary School
- [For Immediate Release] Fit Body Boot Camp Hosts Holistic Life Expo to Benefit Jeans 4 Justice