Posted on:-Feb 12
"Food is an important part of a balanced diet" ~ Fran Lebowitz
This quote from Fran Lebowitz highlights a very important part of staying healthy. Yes, you do need to eat food in order to lose weight and stay healthy. Unfortunately, some people take weight loss and weight control to the extremes and completely deny themselves food in order to get to an "ideal" weight. Individuals that take this to the extreme can sometimes be medically classified as having anorexia which is a dangerous condition that can have very damaging health implications.
Not Eating Is Harmful
Eating food is a must when trying to lose weight and get in shape. Failing to eat food is going to cause several things to happen that are detrimental to weight loss and staying in shape. Not eating properly is associated with the following:
- · Slows your metabolism
- · Prevents you from recovering properly
- · Leaves you feeling fatigued
- · Causes you to feel irritable
While food can often be enjoyed, it may be better to frame your eating choices around what does my body need to stay feeling energized and healthy. Obviously, eating too much will cause you to gain weight, but eat too little and we get harmful results.
So what exactly is a balanced diet? The United States Department of Agriculture has come up with a sample food plate to help you make balanced choices at each meal. Half of your plate should be fruits and vegetables while the other half should come from grains and proteins. Vegetables and grains are a little more than 25-percent of the plate each while fruits and proteins a little under 25-percent. A small serving of dairy can accompany each meal as well.
Don’t let anyone tell you that you can never eat a single piece of junk or fast food again. Having that expectation if pretty unreasonable; however, you do need to remember to balance the high calorie levels of those foods with the other foods you eat throughout the day. Furthermore, helpful nutrients and vitamins are also not present in these foods. This means you’ll need to pick super charged vegetables to help you meet your nutritional needs for the day.
- Committed to your success!
- JJ Brawley N.C.P.T.
- San Diego’s Top Fitness and Weight Loss Expert
- Helping People Look Better Naked Since 2003
- Hard Body Boot Camp Program Coordinator
- San Diego’s Premier Boot Camp and Fitness Program
- Nominated for the 10 News A List Award!
- Voted BEST personal Trainer GLTimes & North Park News
PS: I’d love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment in the box below!
1 Response to "Food Isn’t the Enemy"
Leave a Comment
- [Monday Motivation] Every. Single. Day. Matters. ????
- [Wisdom Wednesday] Bruce Lee’s Advantage?
- [For Immediate Release] Holistic Life Expo to Benefit La Mesa Integrative Health
- [For Immediate Release] Fitness Boot Camp Invites Community to Help Raise Funds for Local Elementary School
- [For Immediate Release] Fit Body Boot Camp Hosts Holistic Life Expo to Benefit Jeans 4 Justice